Monday, 31 August 2015

Dismaland

It's not often something of great importance happens close to my hometown. When Dismaland was unveiled in Weston-Super-Mare, my 'local' beach, I knew we had to go. Luckily I managed to get through on the ticket website (after 2 hours) and Ash and I drove to Weston on Sunday 30th August. Despite having tickets allocated for 11am, we weren't in the 'park' much before 12pm. But it was worth the wait. It was raining hard, we were wet. The ground was muddy and sandy.  Ukelele music played on a loop. None of the Dismaland employees smiled. The art was clever, thought provoking, interesting.  The children had a confused look on their face. The whole experience was a lot of fun, in all the wrong ways.

Let me say now - if you are intending on going to Dismaland and don't wait to spoil the surprises, don't scroll any further!


Now, I'll let the photos do the talking.



Photos taken using Fujifilm Instax Wide and iPhone 5C.


1 comment:

  1. ahh so jealous, really wish i could jet set to dismaland to see it with my own eyes! looks super entertaining (in a kind of creepy, two-thumbs-up to banksy sort of way)

    ReplyDelete